Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get in touch with my branch? Expand/Collapse

Call or email us.

Albertville - 306-929-4714
Arborfield - 306-769-8581
Big River - 306-469-4944
Carrot River - 306-768-2703
Choiceland - 306-428-2152
Debden - 306-724-8370
Nipawin - 306-862-4651
Prince Albert - 306-922-8252
White Fox - 306-276-2142
Zenon Park - 306-767-2434

What is the Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) and who is eligible? Expand/Collapse

The CESB provides emergency financial relief to students and recent graduates who are unable to work, or unable to find work, due to reasons related to COVID-19.

It is also available for those who are working but not making more than $1,000 (before taxes) over the four-week period for which
they are applying.

Students, including those studying abroad, are eligible for the CESB if they are:
•     a Canadian citizen, including dual citizens;
•     a registered Indian under the Indian Act;
•     a permanent resident; or
•     a protected person.

What should I do before I apply?

1.  Create a profile with the CRA by calling 1-800-959-8281 (for
     students who have never filed a tax return)
2.  Register for a CRA My Account as it is the fastest and easiest
     way to complete an application
3.  Enroll in Direct Deposit to have CESB payments deposited
     directly into their bank accounts

What information is needed to apply for CESB?

Students will need to have a social insurance number to apply. When applying, students must attest that for COVID-19 related reasons, they are:
•     unable to work; or
•     seeking work but are unable to find it; or
•     working but unable to make more than $1,000 (before taxes)
       over the four-week period for which they are applying.

For those seeking work but are unable to find it, they must continue to actively be looking for a job to be eligible to receive the CESB.

If the individual still cannot find work due to COVID-19, or cannot earn more than $1,000, they can re-apply for each CESB eligibility period that you are eligible for.

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) may ask you to provide information later to verify you have been looking for work during the eligibility period(s) that you have applied for.

**Students are not eligible for CESB if they are receiving the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) or Employment Insurance benefits for the same four-week period as their current application.**

See the CRA CESB website to learn more and apply!

What is the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)? Expand/Collapse

The Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA) provides credit for small businesses to pay for immediate operating costs that cannot be deferred such as payroll, rent, utilities, insurance, property tax, or debt service

It also provides the ability for Diamond North Credit Union to provide interest-free loans of up to $40,000 to eligible businesses. Read more here.

What is the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) and who is eligible? Expand/Collapse

As a Canadian employer whose business has been affected by COVID-19, you may be eligible for a subsidy of 75% of employee wages for up to 24 weeks, retroactive from March 15, 2020, to August 29, 2020

This wage subsidy will enable you to re-hire workers previously laid off as a result of COVID-19, help prevent further job losses, and better position you to resume normal operations following the crisis.

Who is an eligible employer: Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) -

To be eligible to receive the wage subsidy, you must:

•   be an eligible employer
•   have experienced an eligible reduction in revenue, and
•   have had a CRA payroll account on March 15, 2020

For more information see the CRA Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy website or apply for CEWS here.

What is the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)? Am I eligible? Expand/Collapse

If you have stopped working because of COVID-19, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) may provide you with temporary income support. The CERB provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.

Who is eligible?

The benefit will be available to workers:

  • Residing in Canada, who are at least 15 years old;
  • Who have stopped working because of COVID-19 and have not voluntarily quit their job or are eligible for EI regular or sickness benefits;
  • Who had income of at least $5,000 in 2019 or in the 12 months prior to the date of their application; and
  • Who are or expect to be without employment or self-employment income for at least 14 consecutive days in the initial four-week period. For subsequent benefit periods, they expect to have no employment or self-employment income
How Do I Apply?
Visit the CRA's site to learn more and apply.

How do I sign up for CRA's direct deposit? Expand/Collapse

Click here to sign up for CRA's direct deposit through online banking. 

If you are not signed up for direct deposit today, signing up now will ensure you receive CRA payments quickly and securely.  Payments such as income tax refunds, Canada Child Benefit, GST/HST credit, Canada workers benefit, related provincial payments and the new Canada Emergency Response Benefit can all be received through direct deposits by signing up through MemberDirect Online Banking.

I’m spending more, since I’m going out less. Can I tap my credit card for more than $100? Expand/Collapse

Yes, Collabria has increased the per-transaction limit for tap purchases at grocery and convenience stores and pharmacies (where the merchant has enabled acceptance of higher tap transactions).

I need to defer my Diamond North Credit Union Mastercard payment… can I do that? Expand/Collapse

Yes, Collabria is allowing a one-month deferral of the ‘minimum payment due’ for up to six consecutive months. However, if you can make your credit card payment, it’s always in your best interest to do so. If you would like to defer your credit card payment, please contact Collabria directly by calling the Collabria Contact Centre at 1-855-341-4643. Collabria will work with you to find a solution that will meet your needs.

I'd like to defer my loan or mortgage payments. How do I do this? Expand/Collapse

If you have been financially impacted by COVID-19, there are options available to you.  Read about our Lending Solutions then reach out to your advisor or call your branch to start the discussion. 

What is the best way to get in touch with my Advisor at DNCU? Expand/Collapse

Reach out to your Advisor directly.  If you do not have their direct number, call your branch of DNCU.

What is my route, transit and account number? Expand/Collapse

Find these numbers under Our Credit Union details on this page

If you have a cheque, you can also find these numbers along the bottom. 

  • The first 3 digits make up your cheque number
  • The next 5 digits make up your transit number
  • The following 3 digits make up the route number (889 for all Diamond North Credit Union members)
  • The final 12 numbers make up your account number.

Is my money secure?  Expand/Collapse

Yes.  Deposits held in Saskatchewan Credit Unions are fully guaranteed. There is no limit to the size of the deposit - all deposits are fully guaranteed through the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporation (CUDGC).  Read more on the guarantee here.

How can I pay my bills remotely? Expand/Collapse

Bill payments can be processed through online banking or our app.  You can also call your branch

Online Banking:
  1. Login to online banking
  2. Select Payments
  3. Under Pay From, select account using the drop-down
  4. Under Pay To, click the checkbox of the payee(s) you want to pay
  5. Enter amount beside each payee
  6. Enter payment date. ◦Note: This date defaults to the current date
  7. Click on Pay Bills to proceed with the payment
To add a new payee, first find the payee by either entering the payee's name in the Search by Payee Name box and clicking on Search or clicking on one of the Browse by Letter categories.

Mobile App:
  1. Login to the mobile app
  2. Select the Pay Bills icon
  3. Select the account the payment will come from
  4. Select the payee
  5. Enter the amount
  6. Choose Now, Later or set up a Recurring bill payment
  7. Select Pay This Bill
To add a new payee, first select Manage Payees in the top right-hand corner of the page. Select Add Payee and find by either entering the payee's name in the Search by Payee Name box and clicking on Search or clicking Browse.